Aquaman – Rider of the King Tide
Raised on land, Arthur Curry discovered his true identity as the lost King of Atlantis, an aquatic civilization that rule the Seven Seas.
The son of a humble lighthouse keeper, Arthur Curry believed he was a normal boy until his mother, on her deathbed revealed that she was the exiled queen of the undersea kingdom of Atlantis. As he matured, Arthur discovered his remarkable ability to endure the deepest ocean depths and communicate with all sea life, leading him to discover his claim as the rightful King of Atlantis. He must then face the enormous responsibility of leading an undersea nation as well as safeguarding three-quarters of the planet.
Aquaman is a Mixed Tank Physical character with a base speed of 75. Below is a chart of the gear bonuses at rank 11.
|Stat||Gear 11 Bonus|
- Hang Ten: Damage enemy, gain 2 Crit Chances Up Legendary: On Critical Hit, call assist from random ally
- Trident Toss: Damage enemy, deal +10% damage per buff on Aquaman (Up to 15) Legendary: Crit Damage +70%
- Splash Zone: Damage an enemy, Reduce cooldown for Splash Zone each time an ally gains a buff on their turn, except buffs gained from kills. Legendary: If Aquaman defeats an enemy with Splash Zone, reduce cooldown of next use by 3
- Roar of the Ocean: Passive ability – Turn Meter +17% for each ally that takes damage Legendary: Apply 2 Agility Ups to the first ally that takes damage on enemy turn
- Stronger United: Passive ability – 100% chance for Aquaman to gain 2 Crit Chance Ups each time an ally gains a buff on their turn, except buffs gained from kills Legendary: Crit Chance Up +1
Aquaman’s first three recommended upgrades make him a potential monster. His 1st upgrade allows him to call an assist on his basic attack, the 2nd makes his crit damage even higher, and the 5th allows him to gain another crit chance up on ally’s turns. Pairing Aquaman with the right partners can create some pretty intense crit hits!
Aquaman surprisingly works well with his movie nemesis, Steppenwolf. Other characters he teams up well with are ones who can gain buffs on their turns, like Harley Quinn – Quite Vexing.
Characters that are immune to critical hits like Clayface can avoid much of Aquaman’s crit damage boosts, and it’s also important to bring buff purging to the fight with characters like Catwoman to stop him from getting too out of hand.
With the amount of buff purgers popular in the game, it can be hard for Aquaman to get ramped up. Should the enemy team be unprepared to strip buffs, Aquaman can have his way, but he finds himself easily countered by common characters, especially in PvP.