Mera – Queen of Atlantis
Raised to hate Atlantis, Mera fell in love with its king, Aquaman, and now uses her warrior skills to serve Atlantis.
In the extra-dimensional realm of Xebel, Princess Mera was raised to assassinate the King of Atlantis. A rebel kingdom of exiles, Xebel sought vengeance against the undersea kingdom. When Mera was sent on her mission, the most unexpected thing happened — she fell in love with Atlantis’ King Aquaman. Betraying her people, she sided with Aquaman and eventually married him. Now, the fierce Mera stands beside Aquaman though she can never truly understand his dedication to the strange and alien surface world.
Mera is a Special Striker Mystical character with a base speed of 62. Below is a chart of the gear bonuses at rank 11.
|Stat||Gear 11 Bonus|
- Hydrokinesis : Special damage to an enemy, gain 3 Mends. Legendary: Mends gained doubled.
- Favor of the Sea: Apply 8 Mends and light heal to target. Legendary: Apply Damage Immunity.
- Ocean’s Fury: Special Damage to an enemy, 3% increased damage per mend on Mera’s team (max 60%). Legendary: Apply Heal Immunity.
- Ebb and Flow: Passive ability – 39% chance to apply mend to team and 4 extra mends on random teammate if 2 or more teammates take damage from a single attack. Legendary: +5 mend on random teammates.
- Slipstream: Passive ability – 100% chance to apply 2 agility ups to teammate when they heal from mend. Legendary: Apply 15% turn meter up.
Mera’s legendary upgrades give her some pretty powerful tools to manipulate the battle in her favor, namely Damage Immunity, Heal Immunity and Turn Meter. The Damage Immunity her 2nd move grants is her best upgrade; after that, chose whether to go for her 3rd upgrade which grants 2 Turn Heal Immunity or Turn Meter Up on her passive. The Heal Immunity can be particularly useful if you lack characters who can dish it out; Mera’s Heal Immunity is particularly good because it lasts multiple turns. However, if you already have ways of dealing with pesky reviving and healing targets, her 5th upgrade can really help accelerate Mera and her teammates — especially considering she’s rather slow.
It’s no surprise that Mera works well with her king, Aquaman – King of Atlantis. She also works well with characters like Wonder Woman – Defender of Justice who can copy the buffs she gives (like Damage Immunity) to the entire team.
Buff purgers can make Mera’s usefulness more limited, so characters like Catwoman who can strip her mends and damage immunity — or even steal it — can be problematic.
Mera is a slow character, but an absolutely phenomenal healer. She can really ramp herself up and output powerful damage as well. Her ability to give damage immunity, mends, and turn meter make her a top choice, especially when battles will be drawn out in places like R.E.D. Alerts.